Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Console Exclusives


Console Exclusives

I used to be guilty of being a Nintendo “fan boy” and only wanted to purchase and play games on my NES, Super NES, and N64.  Eventually, I realized I was severely limiting my options and finally purchased a Playstation, broadening my horizons to include the incredible games on that console.

Probably one of the best things about Nintendo are their original games like the Super Mario franchise.

I ended up purchasing a GameCube and a PS2, a Wii and a PS3.  I even threw in the short lived Dreamcast for fun.  Just last year, I bought an Xbox 360, completing the triad of the top 3 gaming systems.  Before, I used to lament “exclusive” games, particularly from my increasingly limited position as a “Nintendo only” fan.  As a gamer through and through, the biggest reason to purchase the competing systems for me was to – of course – own and play those games I wanted.

The article from IGN below includes some great commentary about console exclusives, and what parts they may play in the future of our favorite systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment