Friday, February 22, 2013

More PS4 Info - Backwards Compatibility and Games List


More PS4 Info – Backwards Compatibility and Games List



So, bad news first.  PS4 will NOT be backwards compatible with PS3 retail or downloaded games.  Sorry guys – looks like this is the trend with new systems, so you’ll have to hold on to your last gen console for the time being.  As I’m still working on several PS3 games, I’m more than likely going to have my PS4 setup right next to its older counterpart.  Also, the DualShock 3 controllers you use with your PS3 will not be supported by the PS4 (although the PlayStation Move will be).  This isn’t surprising, but its not exactly good news either.

On a brighter note, a list of upcoming PS4 titles have been revealed.  See the full story on IGN – PlayStation 4 Games.  I’m personally stoked about a console Diablo 3, and I’m cautiously watching the new Final Fantasy.  I might consider Infamous, as well.  I’m sure the list will grow as the months go by, but this isn’t a bad teaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment