Monday, February 25, 2013

SHOW AND TELL – Totoro Desk Fan


SHOW AND TELL – Totoro Desk Fan

I just had to share our ridiculously cute Totoro desk fan, a little gift from me to my boyfriend who happens to really love the adorable character.  For those of you unfamiliar (gasp), Totoro is the namesake character from Hayao Miyazaki’s classic, “My Neighbor Totoro” (or “Tonari no Totoro” in Japanese).  The movie spins a fun and heartwarming tale about two girls who discover a world full of magical (and adorable) creatures that only children can see.


While this is only one of several Totoro items in our home (a backpack, plushies, and keychains just to name a few others), this one is one of my favorites, and you can see him here on his spot next to my iMac (and red dragon statuette).  We don’t use it for its true purpose much (the fan is just as loud as Totoro’s howl), but it’s a cute decoration nonetheless.

On a side note, our Tokotocold in Ni No Kuni is named “Totoro”, and he almost looks like one of the smaller Totoros from the movie… well, they’re both from Studio Ghibli, after all!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Totoro some sort of Shinigami (Death God) for children?

    I have the movie, just haven't watched it yet. But from my understanding, it's about two young kids who essentially 'pass away' and are taken away to 'heaven' of sorts.

    It's cute, don't get me wrong, but it's much sadder than most people realize >_>

    ReplyDelete