Friday, January 18, 2013

It's TRASH DAY - Final Fantasy All the Bravest


It’s TRASH DAY – Final Fantasy All the Bravest

I normally don’t poke my nose in mobile circles, but when I got a whiff of this monstrosity, I just had to get the word out.  I personally despise games created as quick cash-ins.  This includes those awful games based on movies and TV shows, and those abominations that entice players to keep paying more of our valuable dollars to unlock “premium” content.

Square-Enix (formally Squaresoft) is known mostly for fairly good titles, but if you’ve been following the company for as long as I have, you know the quality of their products has faltered from their original glory.  Sure, Lightning Returns sounds like a respectable title, but I miss the good old days of Final Fantasy VI, VII, and Tactics, Crono Trigger, and Secret of Mana.

If Square-Enix is trying so hard to hold on to their dwindling older and more loyal fan base, why would they create a piece of trash like Final Fantasy All the Bravest?  Sure it’s a mobile game, and mobile games tend to be simpler in nature, but this is just a joke!  No gameplay, no story, and no value whatsoever!  IGN wrote a fittingly scathing review and rated this pile of puke 2.5 out of 10.  See the review here.


Don't be fooled by how cool this looks!

Square!  Start making good games again!  Give us a reimagined Final Fantasy, a sequel to the Chrono series, or even a follow up to Chocobo’s Dungeon (which I loved because Chocobos are just such little darlings).  Don’t make these quick cash-ins, and don’t INSULT us by trying to use “nostalgia” to lure us in to pay more money for what is essentially worthless rubbish.

How could you not love these big yellow birds?

I’m still a huge follower, but this has sullied my image of you.  You had it in you before.  You have tremendous brand power and name recognition.  Make your fans happy, Square-Enix!

No comments:

Post a Comment