Saturday, January 26, 2013

Learn About Wii U's New Virtual Console


Learn About Wii U’s New Virtual Console

If you’re an “old school” gamer like me, you’ve downloaded your fair share of classic games to your Wii.  I’ve got Legend of Zelda – Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Bubble Bobble, and Super Mario World, among others.  I enjoy my nostalgia time with my games, and I’m glad to hear the Wii U will be compatible with my previous purchases.  The caveat?  You either have to play them in Wii-Mode (which I hear is atrociously slow), or you can buy an “upgrade” (cost is PER game) that allows you to play the titles on the standard Wii U interface, or on the gamepad.


I was about to cry foul, but when I thought about it more, it’s not a bad deal to move your games over to the new system AND have it portable on the pad.  IGN wrote a great discussion article – read it here.


What do you think about the direction Nintendo is taking with the Wii U’s Virtual Console?  Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment